All of us are so familiar with the word “detox”; however, you might only know about skin detox or body detox. In today article, we are going to focus on a new field : detoxing your hair. We will share some tools, products or advice on how you can detox your hair effectively and enjoyably.
The fact is that, summer time is the most ideal time for us to do some detoxing for better, stronger hair as your hair have been suffering from humidity, heat, pollution all the summer months. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not wishing summer away! But we will fulfill your summer with more fun and prevent stressing you out after the summer ends.
It’ll be most helpful to really understand what the state of your hair is. Here are some quick tips that you can use to recognize your hair type.
- If you go a day or two between washing your hair, and even if you don’t use many (or any!) hair products, you probably have a bit of build-up on your hair, especially around the root area.
- If you wash every day, but your hair is NOT oily, your hair is probably a little dry.
- If you wash every day and your hair is oily, your root area may be fine, but your ends may be a bit dry.
No matter what your hair routine or your hair type is, it’s usually pretty beneficial to use a clarifying or cleansing shampoo on a regular basis. This is especially helpful for those who go a few days between washing, or who have an oily scalp. However, you should consult your hairstylist’s advice before using clarifying or cleansing shampoos. The reason is that it can sometimes, but not always, affect hair color. It’s most likely to affect those who have their hair colored with demi or semi-permanent hair color (also known as a gloss, glaze, or toner). This is also a helpful thing to treat your Vietnamese virgin hair extensions sometimes after a long time wearing them to avoid build up and excess oil from your real hair.
As someone with naturally light hair that has it pretty heavily lightened with chemical lighteners, I feel comfortable with using a clarifying shampoo under one condition-that I always follow it up with a very good conditioner.
Clarifying shampoos are designed to get rid of most of excess oil and build-up on your scalp. Treat your hair with extra care on a day you use one of these shampoos because it can make your hair and scalp dehydrated if you don’t condition your hair properly.
Here is the way you can use clarifying shampoos:
- Brush through your hair well before wetting it in the shower.
- Wet hair completely, apply a quarter-size amount of shampoo to your hair, starting at the scalp.
- Using the pads of your fingers to gently massage your scalp
- Let it sit on the hair for 2-3 minutes, or longer if the directions on your specific bottle suggest.
- Rinse well, repeat if necessary
- Follow with a hydrating conditioner, applied from mid-shaft to ends.
If you love a DIY clarifying shampoo, you can add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to your favorite shampoo. I’ve also heard that spraying a mixture of apple cider vinegar mixed with water into wet hair is a great way to cleanse hair as well.
Check out our websites for a wide range of Vietnamese real hair extensions coming with all design and high quality. Also read on with more useful piece of news on our website for reasons to use our Vietnamese virgin hair extensions.
Hello there. I’m Holly Hanna. I specialize in hair, hair care and hair extensions. I know the best products for your lifestyle and we have the newest styles that will work for you. Thanks!
#hollyhanna #haircare #hairstyles #hairextensions #hairknowledge